Options

what are the basic certification to be learned or taken for starting a career in n/w?

mnsachinmnsachin Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am a b.tech fresher in ECE and have good interest in networking , so as a fresher what are the certification that i would take initially to have a good exposure in this field and also to have a good knowledge in networking as a fresher for entering into a job in networking platform....i have a plan for a course of about 4 months and within that time which all should be covered ?

as a fresher i dont know much about all these, so guide me please..

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    CCNA is the way to go.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    ok..so what about A+ certification ??
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    A+ isn't going to help you much on the networking side. If you plan to look at a helpdesk role then it might be more useful.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    i want to move my career into communication field also, since in communication sector also the concepts of networking is important ,so will CCNA be enough/??
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Super basic would be Net+...but I do think that if you could swing the CCENT>CCNA Routing and Switching like networker050184 above suggests, you would stand a better chance of securing a position in the networking job field.

To know for sure though, you might look for networking job postings in your area at the level you want and see what they recommend an applicant have. If it's all Net+, go that route. If it's CCNA/Cisco related positions, then go that route.
  • Options
    thanks BGraves and networker050184
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    While I am not a networking professional I have worked with several networking groups in different enterprises. Two sets of letters you see behind the network engineers names on a constant basis, CCNA and CCNP. (Just saying)