Options

CEH Member promo - Upgrade to v8

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□

Comments

• Options
    alibyaliby Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yup. I got it as well. I don't really see any benefit to upgrading to CEH v8 (I have v7), except for that v8 is ANSI accredited...
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have v7 as well, but I may pick up v8 since it is ANSI.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    It's the CEH certification program that is ANSI/ISO/IEC and not the CEH cert itself. Being ISO/IEC 17024-compliant is only a requirement to sell the CEH to the US government and not an assurance of the quality of the certification. From what I've heard, the v8 exam isn't much different from the v7.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got it as well. Didn't really look into it but will check it out if its needed by my employer. Doubt it.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    I received this as well. I thought it was funny because I have not seen a job opening requesting a specific version of CEH. Where I work the people that do the auditing here and ensuring proper certs are held just look for CEH not CEHv8.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Doesn't seem worth it to me.