Wish Me Luck - Just Started Application Process with WGU

stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
Good evening, all. Wish me luck, I just started the application process with WGU. Thank you to -hype for the referral and to bmtuser for volunteering to refer me. It is greatly appreciated.

With luck, I will be ready to go for the classes starting at the beginning of December. Can't wait to get started. Reading the posts that so many others have put on this forum has me excited. I'm pretty sure I can knock out this degree in a year or two. Of course, I might be willing to slow down a bit, since I have a full-time job, a part-time job, four certs that I'm currently studying for, and I have a family, too! Time management will be paramount, lol.

Quick questions...I have three certs from CompTIA and I'm working on two more from MS that should be finished by the middle of next month. How does WGU verify that you have received the certs? Do you have to provide copies to them or do you have to pay CompTIA to send transcripts? Additionally, since I'm starting the app process before taking the MS 70-680/685 exams, will I be able to transfer them in for credit if they are done before classes start? Will they, at the least, cover one of the MTA's that are required for the BSIT/Security degree?

Cheers,

Jim
The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me

Comments

• Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Snow.bros wrote: »
    All the best the of luck with your degree and your MS cert studies!!!:)

Thank you. I've set up a two to three hour block of time to study my MS certs each day. The challenge is to be consistent. I work 10 hour shifts in a NOC, drive an hour to get home, then grab a bite to eat. It is far too easy for me to listen to the siren call of my bed and ignore the important things, like advancing my position. Honestly, if I hadn't taken a class for them, I probably wouldn't care. But, I told my wife I would get the certs, so not getting them isn't even an option. Hopefully, this type of discipline will hold me in good stead once I start my classes at WGU.

Cheers!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

• BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Ahh good luck stryder144 and good for you! The next time period of life will be....a little rough! However, I think it will pay off for you and am excited to hear your progress! Hopefully your experiences with WGU are positive and you can knock out your classes! :)
    I personally am looking at pursuing a MS in 2014 and a little nervous about the level of education and time I'll have to invest!
    Best of luck!
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Thank you. I've set up a two to three hour block of time to study my MS certs each day. The challenge is to be consistent. I work 10 hour shifts in a NOC, drive an hour to get home, then grab a bite to eat. It is far too easy for me to listen to the siren call of my bed and ignore the important things, like advancing my position. Honestly, if I hadn't taken a class for them, I probably wouldn't care. But, I told my wife I would get the certs, so not getting them isn't even an option. Hopefully, this type of discipline will hold me in good stead once I start my classes at WGU.

Cheers!

I like your positive energy, you on the ball and you manage your time efficiently too, i am having a very hard time managing my own time since i started working don't even have time to exercise my body.But any way keep up the positive attitude!!!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck I'm also looking to enroll at WGU for the BS-IT: Security degree in the near future once I get VCP certified!! Keep us posted. icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thank you, all. I appreciate the kind words. Since I am an interesting combination of Type-A personality mixed with a little too much ADHD, I am sure that I will do well, just as long as I don't burn myself out. I will have to listen to my wife when it comes to balancing my work, studies, and life. She's much smarter at that than I am. As has been said, failure is not an option! Time to conquer this education thing!

• Tremie24Tremie24 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just checked your linkedin proile OP, what's up follow leaderquest alum, good luck. I plan on getting started at WGU pretty soon as well.
  • NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GOOD LUCK! Finishing up my second term and have had some rough spots but keeping motivated and supported through the year has kept me going. You can do it!