Options

Generating Network Traffic

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi,

does any one have any suggestions for generating traffic on a test network. Things like iperf only generate a single stream.

https://code.google.com/p/ostinato/ loosk good as you can get it to repaly traffic streams or create your own.

But I would really like one that I can easily use with in GNS3 to simulate every day random traffic. I want to expand my QOS experience and finding a good traffic generator for personal use has been on my list for a while now.

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    We use Ostinato at work when it's too much of a hassle to hook up to the Spirent Avalanche boxes. It's a good program, and I highly recommend it. Why would you not be able to use it with GNS3?
  • Options
    No reason at all, its not a tool I have used before and I was just wondering if there are any others out there with a good following.

I have been playing around with it a little today and will see how things go :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    Second I cant seem to get this working in windows 7 LOL sure that's just me though.

yep just me :) got it now, had to highlight port before I clicked go.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Low Orbit Ion Canon? Haven't used it but hear it generates a lot of traffic...
  • Options
    xaxxax Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    And scapy? (http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/)
    I've never used it for generating a lot of traffic. But seems good.