Cisco IOS problem

JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
OK so this is what's going. I was playing around with an old switch at work. I wanted to update the IOS in it but there wasn't enough space left so I overwrote the the bin file in the flash (deleted it actually). I was now transfering the file to the switch (Catalyst 2900XL) using Xmodem but in the end it says: flash:"image.bin": no space left on device. So what could I do to free up some space on the device so that I can transfer the file to it?

Comments

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe your device just doesn't have enough memory to hold the image you are trying to put on it?
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's the problem, is there a way I can delete other unnecessary files? I'm trying to look for a compatible IOS image but Cisco doesn't support it anymore? Is there another place where I could download older IOS? The one I need would be 11.2.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    scratch that - the options were for DRAM.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First, as FloOz said, make sure you have a enough memory for the image.

If you do, Why don't you just delete the current image in flash:

# delete /f /r flash1:<insert image name here>

# delete /f /r flash2:<insert image name here>

Then copy the new image to flash:

# copy tftp flash1
    >Address or name of remote host? <insert tftp server ip here>
    >source filename? <insert image name here>
    >Destination filename? <insert image name here>

Check to verify integrity of the copy:

# verify /md5 flash1:c3750-ipbasek9-mz-122-55.SE1.bin
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ohh nevermind I just got it back up and running. Thanks for your help guys. I found an old image compatible with this device. Copied the file to my machine and uploaded it to the switch and there you go :)