Skillsoft?

Bigbill810Bigbill810 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Through my job, I was granted access to Skillsoft courses. I went through the training courses and am regularly putting up passing numbers on the Skillsoft practice exam.

The Skillsoft course is certified by CompTIA.

My question is: How good is the Skillsoft exam? How close is it to the real exam? If I do well on the practice exam, should I see the same results on the real thing? Another question: How good are the Skillsoft courses overall? I noticed that not all of their courses are certified by the vendors. Should I stay away from those courses?
A+ >70-685 Windows 7 EDST > Security+ > ITILv3 > VCA-DCV > VCA-CLOUD > CCNA > CCNPCOMPLETE / IN PROGRESS / FUTURE GOAL

Comments

• joeypants05joeypants05 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Skillsoft courses from what I remember of them are alright but probably not enough to prepare you fully for most exams. They might cover enough material for the CompTIA exams but I'd still recommend some additional studying or just reading the office cert guide. For anything Cisco, Microsoft or other relatively harder exam I'd say skillsoft is a start but not close to covering everything you need to know for the tests.
  • Bigbill810Bigbill810 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just this last week, I was approved with access to FEDVTE. I see why everyone likes it so much. Very in-depth with a classroom type feel.

I've managed to get between 83-98% depending on how the exam questions roll out. Also scoring in the 85-90% area on the Skillsoft exams. My confidence is growing. The only thing I haven't had much practice on is the performance questions. I'm hoping the partial CCNA training and Windows 7 cert will carry me through that.

Always open to any advice from the experienced test takers!
    A+ >70-685 Windows 7 EDST > Security+ > ITILv3 > VCA-DCV > VCA-CLOUD > CCNA > CCNPCOMPLETE / IN PROGRESS / FUTURE GOAL
    Passed today with a 776! Not the prettiest score, but when you take into account how small the pass window is for this test, even some failing scores are impressive in terms of how many you got right! This exam is no joke. I studied hard. About 5 questions in, I felt like I just wasn't ready. I made plenty use of the FLAG option to double check later...you'd be surprised how later questions can jog your memory on certain things!
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice! Congrats.

I am thinking of taking the Security+ exam, I am using SkillSoft as well through my employer and scoring decent, although I know its not the best, it does cover a lot. What else did you use for tests?
    Kindly doing the needful
    I used the FEDVTE source as well, but unless you have a .mil email address, you won't be able to get an account. I was almost at 100% on the Skillsoft exams, there were only a few work-for-word questions from that exam on the test. Really buckle down and learn the material. Wording will sink you on Sec+. I saw their tactic, and mostly, it's just making sure that you are fully reading and comprehending the question. I took 72 of the 90 minutes to finish the exam. I'm horrible at taking tests, and I didn't want to blow it!
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Luckily I have a .mil address.

Thanks for the tips. I'm re-reading Darril's book and using Pro. Messer's video's. If I can earn Sec+ and either Proj+ or Net+, that will be 4 certs in 3 months completed. I'm really pushing to have all 5, then it's off to Microsoft Certs once I have the time.
    Kindly doing the needful
    Good luck, LittleBit. This exam is no joke.

Congrats on getting those certs so quickly!
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588