Options

HELP NEEDED

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
Guys / Gals,

I need your advice. I have been working for my company for a year now and have been working as part of a large migration project.

Point 1 - They are now moving me to another area where i will be expected to do 2nd line fixes for 1st line pay and wont allow much scope for the server / AD admin i have been learning at present. icon_mad.gif

Point 2 - There is currently a voluntary redundancy program going on with a severance package of £5000 + a months salary.

The question, do i take the other work and sweat it out and look for the "job" i want or the chance to move within the company

Or

Do i leave now, take the package and find something else more suited

All views would be greatly appriciated!! icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• Options
    supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    Take the money and run. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. How long will it take you to find a new job, and will the bonus + month's pay see you through? Will you be able to get another tech job like you want? I don't know what the job market is like over there, I would recommend caution before leaving what you have.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Badger95Badger95 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you live off of what you have saved if you don’t find a job in one month.

To quit, is a step of faith. It is much easier to find a job while you are employed. I have been working for a year now in a job I find stressful and low paying, however this month have just landed that was well worth the wait. :D

Sounds like a promotion without the pay, use it to your advantage and claim increased responsibility on your resume, if that’s what it is. Can be used as leverage when negotiating on a new job.
    Badger
    _________
    Velle est posse, tempus fugit, vivere disce, Cogita Mori