70-411

Ginger9997Ginger9997 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,
Im intending on doing the 70-411 before the R2 exams kick in from Jan.

Can anyone recommend the best book to use for this exam?

Comments

• andoando Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    G'day I used this book from Orin Thomas[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Training Guide: Administering Windows Server 2012 I found it pretty good and was the only resource I used and successfully passed the exam.

Good Luck...
  • Chris O'SullivanChris O'Sullivan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Reviews of the book do not seem that great.
  • fadeinthemixfadeinthemix Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I concur with ando, it actually is useful.
    Just mix it with technet.
  • dspielmandspielman Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    I used the training guide from Orin when I took my exam last week. I failed horribly. I mixed it with MeasureUp practice tests. I went over the book twice. I would recommend waiting for the Exam Reference as well as more solid practice tests.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ginger- how goes the training? I am taking the 410 next week and schedule myself for early December for the 411. I am also going to use the Orin book (there are not too many others available)plus the official Microsoft training book that the boot camps use. I also will use either Pluralsight or CBT videos. Just curious as to if you feel what you have is working.
    MSSoftie - When I took my 70-410 exam, I felt the Exam Ref book by Orin helped and I did the Test King practice Tests. The practice tests did not help much. Also some of the questions are common sense and you will know them if you have Helpdesk experience and have built a 2012 server at least once. Does not mean you shouldn't exhaust all resources though. Better to go over prepared then under.
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the encouragement. I must be honest though. I just took the Transcender practice test for the first time for this exam and did not do well. Taking the exam on Tuesday regardless but I certainly have more work to do.
    If you have access to VM software or Windows 8 pro (You can enable Hyper V on it), set up a windows 2012 server. From scratch. Just so you can have a visual of what things you will see when setting it up. This may be helpful.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Theegg911 wrote: »
    If you have access to VM software or Windows 8 pro (You can enable Hyper V on it), set up a windows 2012 server. From scratch. Just so you can have a visual of what things you will see when setting it up. This may be helpful.

This isn't helpful, this is ESSENTIAL. If you don't build a lab, don't expect to pass.