Anyone have experience with CBT Nuggets?

MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have subscribed to TrainSignal for a couple of months. The videos were not something that I would rely on solely for the exams but I think I did get a good overview and basic understanding to base my further study on. They also had assessment tests to help base a basic level or preparation. PluralSight has taken over TrainSignal and they do not have the assessments available at this time. Customer Support says it will be a couple of months. My time line doesn't give me a couple of months. I am scheduled for the 70-410 on Tuesday and the 411 early December. I have a goal of completing the MCSE by May and I job requirement to complete it by September.

I see that CBT nuggets is about twice the price but includes the Transcender practice tests. Does anyone have experience with these tests on CBT nuggets? I have used Transcender in the past and found it useful. Is it the same?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to follow up - I have just received an email from Pluralsight Customer Service and they have made it up to me in spades. I think their level of service definitely earned some mention.
  • alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    make sure you read the fine print with the CBT nuggets subscription. Yes its $99 for a month but you only get access to exams if you do a yearly subscription ($999), not a monthly which is a real turn off for me personally.

CBT nuggets videos are fine for exam prep but i would recommend you read widely as well and practice
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great to know - I did not catch that. Pluralsight was generous enough to give me Transcenders vouchers for the two exams I have upcoming. Hopefully the assessments on that site will be ready by the time I do the third (hopefully before January). Transcenders doesn't even have practice tests for 70-413 or 414 so that wouldn't help me for that in either case. But again, another thumbs up for Pluralsight customer service.
  • GilarnGilarn Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm considering buying CBT Nuggets membership as well. I want to go for MCSE: Desktop Environment, and, being used to Microsoft self study books, both 70-415 and 70-416 are not yet on sale. I know I can look up most resources on the web, but having it at one place one by one, nicely sorted just suits me best..