Follow up thank you email after interview

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
I had a Noc interview yesturday and I think it went really well, there was only 1 question I wasn't really able to answer, san vs nas mainly b/c i don't work in a noc environment yet. after the email i met w/ HR to discuss benefts ect, he said he had 1 more phone and 1 more in person interview i think today

Anyways, I wanted to send a personal email to my interviewer. He did not give out his email, but based on the recruiters email I can probably guess what it is. My question is this, should i try and send it directly to him (at the end explain how and why) or should i just send it to the recruiter and ask to forward it to the supervisor who i interviewed with?

Thanks

Comments

• NavyITNavyIT Member Posts: 171
    I would send it to the recruiter and kindly ask them to forward it to your interviewer. If he didn't give his e-mail out to you, or a business card or something.. I wouldn't e-mail him.
    A.S. - Computer Networking: Cisco
    B.S. - Computer & Network Security
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I agree with NavyIT--let the recruiter forward the thank you email to the interviewer.
  • gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    k, thanks guys!
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I always recommend you reference something from the interview when you do it. It shows you paid attention and have some genuine interest.

"I especially enjoyed hearing about your company's plans to migrate from technology X to technology Y."
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
    Sent an email to the recruiter, I got a call back asking to do a phone interview on Monday w/ the director of IT of operations...

anything I should expect? i wasn't expecting a second interview as i don't recall him mentioning it in the primary interview
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If it's with the director then probably won't be too technical. Usually at that point it's a pretty good chance you're one of their final choices. They obviously liked you if they asked you back for another interview so just do more of the same.

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    If it's with the director then probably won't be too technical. Usually at that point it's a pretty good chance you're one of their final choices. They obviously liked you if they asked you back for another interview so just do more of the same.

Good luck!
    Hopefully, in person wasn't too technical either i'm gonna be extremely nervous as this is going to pave my way into networking!
    Just look at all the stuff i get to learn/DO!!! (if they were to offer it to me of course)

•Racked and stacked blade servers, Cisco switches, Cisco routers, and Juniper firewalls
    •Cabled installation in client environments for LAN/WAN connectivity
    •Troubleshooted network problems on a CCNA level.
    •Troubleshooted connectivity and interface issues on core, distribution, and access layers.
    •Setup and configured Windows server for remote management.
    •Performed tape and backup rotations weekly.
    •Managed and supported cloud services for over 100 companies.
    •Created and managed firewall rules and ACL's in cloud virtual environment.
    •Handled high priority and customer facing outages, creating conferences calls, and coordinating with other Engineers to resolve service impacting issues.
    •Created, and cloned virtual storage volumes for clients.
    •Troubleshooted "client to site" and "site to site" VPN connectivity and configuration.
    •Created and managed Zmanda backups for external customers
    •Implemented change management plans for patching and updating Windows Server 2000/2003/2008.
    •Built and deployed workstations to RDC company standards.
    •Created and terminated Active Directory accounts.
    •Assisted our Security Engineers with OSSTMM 3.0 methodology and implementation
    •Network device penetration testing and network enumeration.
    •Monitored network and device alarms in Zenoss and Nimsoft systems.