Got a job interview with a technical MTA test

vlad06vlad06 Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have landed a 1st line / analyst job interview for next week and they said I'd be doing a basic technical test on Microsoft / MTA level.

Does anyone know what this covers? I'd like to get some preparation done.

Thanks

Comments

• 403Forbidden403Forbidden Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    From my experience,

Will have some questions about upgrade/migration/network/ntfs/encryption and some things that should be technical "Gimmies" that everyone should know.

"User X is a member of the Y group but cannot access resource Z on the network. Group Y has A permissions and other users in group Y can access resource Z. Why can user X not access resource Z?"

That is the kind of technical stuff I had thrown at me on a similar test for an internal support role. It really depends on what kind of things they are looking for the position to do.

The easiest question I had on something like that was:
    "User A can not log in to the domain, how do you reset their password in AD?"

The hardest question I had was with networking, it had a diagram with a mock network and was asking questions about why users couldn't access resources on a remote network etc. It turned out that the problem was with the remote site's gateway configuration.

It was not a multiple choice question, it was a written exam that you had to explain your steps. There were only about 5 questions but it took around 2 hours to finish. Then another hour for the discussion about it.

I am not sure if this is going to be what you experience but not all are the same.

Good luck and I hope you get the job!
  • vlad06vlad06 Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much!