Wednesday it is

WodanWodan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Due to time restraints i am taking both OS and Core tests wednesday. Took A+ software and hardware classes at school. Worked on computers for 6 years prior to getting laid off. My first certification exam was last Friday, where i took and passed the CCNA Intro exam. Next Monday i am taking Net+.

What do normal people do on school break? Am 33 so dont party as much as i used to. 4 exams in 12 days is the goal, computer gods grant me strength icon_lol.gif

Ps. For those who dont think you need certifications. When my company laid off. Those who had certifications stayed, those who left didnt. Regradless of performance.

Oh yeah. Hi folks, Awesome site.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Wodan wrote:
    What do normal people do on school break? Am 33 so dont party as much as i used to. 4 exams in 12 days is the goal, computer gods grant me strength icon_lol.gif

Well, you'll likely find a wide level of 'normal' on this site. 33 and don't party? Who has time with a family and career and such? Just face it, you might just be getting "OLD" :P

As far as 4 exams in 12 days? I know a guy who took 1 exam per week for 17-18 weeks. The guy is wicked smart and very proficient in the industry. So, if your taking 4 exams in areas you work with, it sounds pretty reasonable to do!

Best wishes!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wodan wrote:
    My first certification exam was last Friday, where i took and passed the CCNA Intro exam.
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    Wodan wrote:
    Next Monday i am taking Net+.
    Good Luck!
    Wodan wrote:
    Am 33 so dont party as much as i used to. 4 exams in 12 days is the goal, computer gods grant me strength icon_lol.gif
    Partying (and/or celebrating certifications) keeps you young! .... but with that exam schedule you probably are better off waiting until day 12 to celebrate! icon_lol.gif

The day I took my CCIE R&S Written.... someone was scheduled for 5 exams...... I was too focused on what I was doing, but now I can't help but wonder -- what the heck were they thinking! icon_lol.gif And what exams were they taking?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • WodanWodan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the well wishing folks. I have the benefit of taking some corresponding courses at school so alot of this studying is brushing up. Not sure taking CCNA Intro as my first ever exam was a way to get my feet wet though. I was shaking until about the 10th question.

5 exams in a day. Wonder how he did. Sounds like a form of self inflicted punishment.

After network+. will turn to focusing on MCSA until i have enough hands on knowledge to go along with my book smarts for the INCD.

Not sure on other Certs than that.

Sorry, have kind of gotten off subject from just A+
  • WodanWodan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed

734 OS
    749 Core

See you on the network+ forums
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing. I bet you're glad that is all done with! Good luck on the Network+ exam! :D