Passed CCENT

100k100k Member Posts: 196
Took my exam today and passed! 986/1000
I studied for 2 months on and off. Honestly it was not that difficult I thought. For people that are still studying make sure you understand subnetting, assigning ip address, OSPF config and troubleshoot and how packets are forwarded, OSI and TC/IP model and the protocols at each layer. Know those inside and out and you will be in a good position to pass.icon_cheers.gif
Cant go into detail but read that Odem book twice or even three times and your good to go.icon_study.gif

Comments

• Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass

Good luck on next part for CCNA!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    Congrats, any idea on when you are planning to write ICND2?
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!!1
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Did you study with Cisco "CCENT ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide" by Wendell Odom?
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • 100k100k Member Posts: 196
    Staunchy wrote: »
    Congrats, any idea on when you are planning to write ICND2?
    By the end of November. Now i am trying to figure out how to get out of this help desk job into a network job.
    juicyjay36 wrote: »
    Congrats! Did you study with Cisco "CCENT ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide" by Wendell Odom?

Yup used that and CBT Nuggets. All information I needed was contained between the sources.
  • iamstarchant2iamstarchant2 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I bought Odom's book. It definitely was a challenging read. He goes into a lot of detail. CBT Nuggets helps to simplify some of the topics. Both are great sources!
  • juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    100k wrote: »
    Yup used that and CBT Nuggets. All information I needed was contained between the sources.

Awesome! Thank you! I plan on going for CCENT after I get Security + out of the way.
  • Alhaji265Alhaji265 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□

Was the practice exam good? I have the same book as well but almost half way through it.
    Yea the practice exam was good to reinforce different topics. But really focus one what I stated in my first post. Time management is important on this Exam and you cannot go back to change an answer. You should be able to subnet without a pen and paper... yea practice that much.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    By the end of November. Now i am trying to figure out how to get out of this help desk job into a network job.

Same here trying to get out of server and desktop support, want to do what I love networking....
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□