2 trys, no cigar

jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
icon_redface.gif

took it a month ago, failed

took it today, and while i did better, it still wasn't good enough

this is a good test, i will feel good once i pass it, but, getting there is a battle,

i'm using for study:

officail course
self test
measure up
sybex
70-291 passport
mega guide from preplogic

vm ware setup with as many machines as i want
it's not discouraging i'm actually encouraged by it, to me it makes the cert that much more respectable for me, knowing it's not "too" easy

i think hands on and actually working with the technology on a daily basis would make this test a breeze, alas, i don't work with it daily, yet, but i will continue to pursue this puppy

thanks to this great site and all the helpful people on here
get back to studying!!!

Comments

• OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Tough luck, man. Not an easy test, not easy. You will get it next time, dude.

Good luck on your next attempt.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    With such an attitude towards the exam and the collection of study material you are using you are destined to pass eventually. icon_thumright.gif
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    thanks,

yeah, i will get it, i just am not study to pass the test, i want to know it

otherwise i would have cheaated

but it means more to me than just passing, i want it to actually mean i am a "Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator"

who actually knows, so i take the printout, and study in my weak areas, everything has improved from the first test, i should get it next time
    get back to studying!!!
    i use the material on this site as well, but i thought that was a given icon_wink.gif
    get back to studying!!!
  • solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry about the miss, this test was the hardest to date for me. After I finished I went home and went to bed. I was mentally exhausted.

You'll get there.

All I can say is DNS, DNS, DNS that is what I had to push to finally pass it. Do you think the graph on the scoresheet will help you figure out what you need to get a pass on this test?
    Finally ALL Done!!!!!!! MCSE:Messaging - Task Complete
    yeah, thing is, related to my first one.......

everything improved icon_wink.gif , most topics were at the half of the graph or better, my DNS was great, but i just need to suck it up on a few areas, i think RRAS is my weakest subject, like i said, i do enjoy it and it makes it that much more worth it when i do get it, so, i'll study up for a lil while no longer than a month i don't think, and give it another go......i think once i get MCSA it will give me a good boost, plus it's like a checkpoint on my way to MCSE, i just want to get over this MCSA hurdle and actually know what i am doing

thanks for the reply
    get back to studying!!!
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Good luck on your next sit!!

icon_study.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    Hey man...you'll get it next time, word of advice...as much as DNS is a major topic in this exam, don't over focus on it, i've come to realize that ppl are majorly focuing on DNS and forgetting RRAS n DHCP aka IP addressing.

Good luck...you'll eventually get it.......take a look @ the MSPRESS book.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
    K_amisi wrote:
    Hey man...you'll get it next time, word of advice...as much as DNS is a major topic in this exam, don't over focus on it, i've come to realize that ppl are majorly focuing on DNS and forgetting RRAS n DHCP aka IP addressing.

Good luck...you'll eventually get it.......take a look @ the MSPRESS book.

yeah, for me RRAS is my weakness, i need to understand it more thoroughly, ip implementations is pretty good i'll brush up on all areas though, thanks
    get back to studying!!!
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Good luck on your next exam, When I am stuck on a question, I will mark it and come back to it later, have another read and then think "whats the Microsoft way of doing it". Unfortunately the most obvious answer to you is not always what Microsoft think. I found both 291 and 293 both challenging as my exams had answers to choose from that where almost the same, but slightly different.

Rechecking one or two questions in a exam can be the difference between a pass and a fail.

With the amout of study you are doing you will nail it next time
    :D
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!