Attempting RHCSA again next week

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
So my company surprised me with training next week in an official Red Hat class along with the exam at the end of the week. Ive been reading the Michael Jang book and doing all the labs listed in his book. I think Ill be able to pass this time. Last time I took the exam I narrowly failed. I think I got a 200 or something.
If I get the time next week ill do a write and review of the course I am taking. The course will be the accelerated Red Hat admin course.

Comments

• chownwwwchownwww Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    EX200 is not a difficult exam. You have enough time to complete all tasks. Wish you all the best :)
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just finished day 1 of class.
    I get to class around 845AM. Instructor is already there and students are arriving as well.
    Around 9 AM we begin and he gives an intro.
    He starts to image all the workstations via PXE booting, and everything fails.
    We didnt get start until almost 11. Ugh.

We did get through all of our tasks which we were supposed to do and before 5pm!
    The instructor actually helped me better understand autofs and how to set it up. I also now have a better understanding of how to add tasks in the crontab.

I am feeling pretty good about the exam Friday.
  • The TechnomancerThe Technomancer Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If anything is giving you fits prior to Friday, please feel free to shoot me a private message (I can receive them now!) about the topic that you're having trouble with and I'll be happy to offer some mentoring on it.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just finished day 2.
    Feeling more confident about passing on Friday!
    I am grasping the concepts the first time around, and I barely have to reconfigure anything to get it to work the first time!
    Hopefully this sticks around until Friday.