New ISC2 Certification - HCISPP

GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi folks,

Looks like ISC2 put out a new certification focusing on healthcare security and privacy - https://www.isc2.org/hcispp/Default.aspx and New healthcare security and privacy certification from (ISC)2

Here are the 6 domains:

Healthcare Industry
Regulatory Environment
Privacy and Security in Healthcare
Information Governance and Risk Management
Information Risk Assessment
Third Party Risk Management

Candidates must have a minimum of two years of experience in one knowledge area of the credential that includes security, compliance & privacy. Legal experience may be substituted for compliance, and/or information management experience may be substituted for privacy. One year of the two-year experience requirement must be in healthcare.

My thoughts - I think this will be one of the leading healthcare certifications, probably topping CHPS after a year or so. The interesting requirement would be the year in healthcare.

Comments

• redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Beads has been talking about it all week. I'm about ready to shank him. He's been doing some studying, and will be taking the test in the near future.

Anybody tried it yet? How is it?
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    One of the industries I'm interested in working in is Healthcare/Hospital so if I can get in a security position in either, I will definitely be pursuing this.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here in the Denver market, hospital IT jobs are gaining momentum. I spoke a few weeks ago with a Robert Half recruiting group and they each mentioned how huge healthcare IT was becoming. They couldn't get enough candidates, by the sound of it. Definitely worth looking into.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    I think there is a need for this particular certification. There are a number of other entities offering IT Healthcare certification. With the growing amount of regulation surrounding the Healthcare industry IT security will be key. I foresee a financial industry IT security certification coming. Closely followed by a Cloud IT Security specific certification.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Definitely cool and definitely needed with the recent healthcare changes. Personally, I'd love to take it, but I lack that one year in the healthcare industry.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    I am trying to talk the hospital I work at to footing the bill for this. It looks a lot better than the Comptia HIT exam I took a year ago.
    WGU grad
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Scheduled for Thursday at 1:30PM. Best I could do being in such a small market it was tough to find an exam slot out here in the sticks of Michigan.

Next step staying away from any potions saying: "Drink me". Don't need to find myself in Redz in Wonderland shrunk and unaware.

- B Eads
  • tysmom05tysmom05 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Beads, I joined the forum after I saw you were taking the test....How did it go?
  • redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @tysmom05,

He wrote a little review at: http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/93292-interested-hcispp-but-no-documentation.html

Silliest possible place to put it, I mean, a new thread would have been useful. He's old; I think it's excusable. All these technologies, they confuse him sometimes.

Either way, there it is.
  • GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    @GoodBishop;

"Burn". Hmmmm... Yeah, that's a bit how I felt after the exam. Felt quite strong in most areas. One area I felt unprepared for and took great note of how the syllabus was written (tricky stupid). Finally lots of ethical questions that took me a good 1-2 full minutes to think about and digest.

Does not compare to a concentration (ISSAP, ISSEP, etc. ) This is definitely a stand alone exam. Should I fail, I will be more than happy to take again in Chicago over the Christmas break (road warrior) and blow the door completely off the barn so to say. For now, I am in the old school wait 6-8 weeks for the results. Its a familiar but quaint old tune for me. Same thing happened when I did the old paper tests for the CISSP, ISSAP and now HCISPP. I am used to it and able to wait ever so patiently. Redz called it senility or some such above. I call it: Too many threads on too many boards. LOL.

- B Eads
  • Dark AbyssDark Abyss Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey the_Grinch. I was thinking of taking this exam too, but I'm not in Healthcare. However if you read the fine print, a related industry will work. In my case, it's Biotech and I work with HIPAA information once in a while.