802.1x and multilayer switching

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
I currently work as a network engineer and these are two topics at the associates level I have yet to see. Are these topics explained in the NP side of things? Just curious as I have yet to see anything much about either in the cert book
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    IBNS is Security. 802.1x is not a CCNA level topic, this is covered in CCNP Security "SECURE". I take it you have not been exposed to Cisco ISE or seen any live configs on switches?
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I'm pretty sure there was some coverage of 802.1x when I studied for CCNA.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've dealt with live configs for almost five years, but ISE is something recently introduced to our workcenter. I have configured multilayer switches plenty of times. Just want a more in depth understanding of it
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []