Options

Stuyding is going well!

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I just finished up the Conrad book, and I must echo the other's comments on how good of a read it is. Simple to read, great real world examples, and straight to the point on the 10 Domains of the ISC2 CBK. I must say, I was happy to see that I already knew approximately 90% of the materal in the Conrad book. I found my weakest area to be the Risk Analysis (the actual numbers/equations for determining TLE, ROI, etc...) Next, I'm picking up the monster of a book by Shon Harris, looks to be a lot more indepth, possibly even too much so (1500+pages) icon_rolleyes.gif. In any case I plan to charge through that one, while supplementing with some videos. Can't wait to knock this thing out! I expect to have it done before the end of this year. icon_thumright.gif

Cheers!
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I actually just finished up Conrads study guide as well, and read each chapter in the 11th hour as I finished them in the bigger study guide. I have the AIO but I don't know if I will read that, I think I am going to read CISSP for dummies book, supplemented with AIO chapter summaries and quizzes, been doing a lot of CCCure quizzes as well and it really helps with focusing on weak areas.
  • Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Good luck to each of you. Sounds like you both have solid plans for studying, the AIO is tough pill to swallow but there is plenty of great info if you can get past the dry humor. Multiple sources is the key to slaying this beast and as always mentioned here "Think like a manager."
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck guys. I think the AIO might not be a bad idea when done after Conrad's book. I think Conrad covered everything needed to pass (I read the Study Guide and 11th Hour) and then going over the AIO will add extra depth and details to what you learned from the Conrad books.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Finished up the AIO by Shon Harris....and my head hurts. icon_wink.gif Definitely delved a little deeper than the Conrad book, but the two seem to compliment each other really well. I also finished up the CISSP boot-camp videos along the way. I'm going to be banging out some practice tests over the next couple of weeks, and expect to sit the exam before the end of the year. icon_thumright.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You are a bigger man than I am. I read one chapter from the Harris book and pushed it aside. Ended up using it only to complement a couple of my weaker domains.
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At one point during studying for the CISSP, I thought about quitting due to the time it was taking and trying to get through the Shon Harris AIO 6th. Once I finished that book, I was like okay I spent too much time on this thing, I gotta at least attempt the exam now.

Good thing I did.
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ^ That's how I feel Samurai, I was starting to feel like I am being consumed by studying for the exam and I am leaking info out the longer I hold out on testing. I am going to bunker down all weekend to do a final pass of info that isn't sticking well and then give it a shot on Tuesday. At least if I don't succeed I will know where I stand, but hopefully it won't matter