Passed CCA:XenDesktop 5

My new position (9 months now) has been very Citrix heavy, with one of my primary responsibilities being administration of our VDI environment. Although we'll be looking at XenDesktop 7 soon, I wanted to pick up the v5 cert to show some history on my resume.

The exam was fair, but like all Citrix exams, there's not much out there to study. I used:

- citrxxperience.com
- Trainsignal videos
- Citrix eDocs and forums (I use these daily anyway)
- Citrix XenDesktop 5 Cookbook
- Over 1 year daily administration

I passed by a large margin (94%), so I probably could have walked in cold and come close at least. I'm going to do a little prep the next week or so and take the XenServer 6 exam as well.

Any other Citrix heavy admins around here? I know this forum doesn't see a lot of action.
CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.

I've worked with XenApp for a long time. Moving away from it in the last year.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63