Options

I want to be a CISA Certified

SuppandiSuppandi Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Recently came to know about this certification. I have around 6 years of experience as system admin but i don't have auditing experience. I have core 6 years IT experience. Can i get CISA certified?

Do i pass the minimum criteria to be a CISA certified.

Comments

• Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Once a CISA candidate has passed the CISA certification exam and has met the work experience requirements, the final step is to complete and submit a CISA Application for Certification. A minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience (as described in the CISA job practice areas) is required for certification. Substitutions and waivers of such experience, to a maximum of 3 years, may be obtained as follows:

A maximum of 1 year of information systems experience OR 1 year of non-IS auditing experience can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
    60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours (the equivalent of an 2-year or 4-year degree) not limited by the 10-year preceding restriction, can be substituted for 1 or 2 years, respectively, of experience.
    A bachelor's or master's degree from a university that enforces the ISACA-sponsored Model Curricula can be substituted for 1 year of experience. To view a list of these schools, please visit Programs Aligned with the Model Curriculum for IS Audit and Control. This option cannot be used if 3 years of experience substitution and educational waiver have already been claimed.
    A master's degree in information security or information technology from an accredited university can be substituted for 1 year of experience.

Essentially, do you have experience that can be validated in these areas: CISA Job Practice Areas