CCNA Security Passed

alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
I haven't been posting much lately, but I have been reading a lot in the NA Sec and NP Sec sections. Thanks to all the regular posters for the great dialog and resources shared!

On to SECURE.

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    alan2308 wrote: »
    I haven't been posting much lately, but I have been reading a lot in the NA Sec and NP Sec sections. Thanks to all the regular posters for the great dialog and resources shared!

On to SECURE.

Congrats, SECURE isn't a bad choice to start with for your NP but it's probably the most difficult yet covers tons of goodies. I would recommend FIREWALL and VPN then IPS last.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the tip. I always assumed SECURE was the way to start because Cisco lists it first in the NP Security blueprint. FIREWALL might make the most sense anyway since I'm looking at a number of potential ASA deployments down the line.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @alan2308 - Congrats on passing the CCNA Sec - good luck on SECURE and on the rest of the CCNP Sec!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats and good luck on the NP!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and goodluck on your next test!
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    Congrats with the pass and good luck with the NP!
    Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!