Options

Passed!

zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all,

Just wanted to make a post since many of you have given me advice in preparing for the exam. I passed this morning, it took me roughly 3.5 hours to complete. I walked out thinking I didn't do so hot but to my surprise I did.. It was definitely what I expected and then some! Glad it is over though and now onto the endorsement process.

I used:

Eric Conrad Study Guide v2
11th Hour
Chapter summaries from Harris' AIO 5th edition
over 5,000 CCCure questions and hundreds of quizzes and also used Transcender

Thanks to everyone here for all of the help and feedback, it is a huge relief to have passed this with all the self studying and time I put into it. I studied for about 2 months roughly, and a lot of hours each day whenever I had time. Looking forward to adding it to my resume and also moving on to some more technical based certs.

Comments

• Options
    kccomputerpilotkccomputerpilot Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome...I take my retake in 7 days and am looking forward to it as this will be my third try. Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zxbane wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just wanted to make a post since many of you have given me advice in preparing for the exam. I passed this morning, it took me roughly 3.5 hours to complete. I walked out thinking I didn't do so hot but to my surprise I did.. It was definitely what I expected and then some! Glad it is over though and now onto the endorsement process.

I used:

11th Hour

Thanks to everyone here for all of the help and feedback, it is a huge relief to have passed this with all the self studying and time I put into it. I studied for about 2 months roughly, and a lot of hours each day whenever I had time. Looking forward to adding it to my resume and also moving on to some more technical based certs.

Congrats and welcome to the club!
  • Options
    j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Congrats. I'm looking to sit for this in about a month. I've been using the same study materials and strategy. Glad to hear it worked for you!
  • Options
    abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, i know how you must be feeling. I passed mine on 9 November 2013.
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    Thanks all! Definitely feels good to have passed it after all the time put in..

As far as endorsement goes, if I plan to go through ISC2 for endorsement do you typically just submit your resume and list dates next to each position you've held that is relevant? I have about 6 years of IT/IA experience as well as a bachelors in IT.
  • Options
    asmodanasmodan Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Did you feel the Conrad Study Guide and 11th hour were enough to pass? I have worked through both a couple times now and i feel pretty confident. Do you feel like its necessary to memorize all the steps for all the different models, processes, NIST document numbers, etc? I have all the theory down pat...its just the pure memorization thats keeping me from sitting this.
    Hey all,

I used:

11th Hour

• Options
    I do feel those two were my primary reasons for success, coupled with CCCure drilling concepts home over and over with quizzes. I also references Shon Harris' chapter summaries for the domains I struggled with, but I can't say for sure that helped. The Sunflow 25 page PDF was a great tool I used my last 3-4 days to reptitively go over each domain, especially the top 5 harder ones.

Honestly I kept reminding myself during the exam to think like a manager. I felt like many questions on the exam had 2-3 answers that could of potentially been right and it was a matter of picking the "most" right answer.
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do feel those two were my primary reasons for success, coupled with CCCure drilling concepts home over and over with quizzes. I also references Shon Harris' chapter summaries for the domains I struggled with, but I can't say for sure that helped. The Sunflow 25 page PDF was a great tool I used my last 3-4 days to reptitively go over each domain, especially the top 5 harder ones.

Honestly I kept reminding myself during the exam to think like a manager. I felt like many questions on the exam had 2-3 answers that could of potentially been right and it was a matter of picking the "most" right answer.

Hi there, it's great that you passed. Congratulations. I am having my exam in about a month and I would like to ask you for a question.

I read some of the aio 6th. And watched some seminars I found in Internet. I also listened to sans audio books. Solved cccure 1000+ questions and keep going. I am also running the tests from the aio cd.
    And I'll read the 11th hour next week.

What do you think of the cccure questions? Are there any similarities with the test?

Btw What is sunflow?
  • Options
    I meant Sunflower, I'm not sure the actual name but it is a 25 page PDF document I used to study the last week along with CCCure and 11th hour. Here is a link to it - http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/Images/CISSP_Summary_V1.1.pdf - it was very helpful for the last week of drilling things into memory.

I can't speak on similarities between questions on CCCure and the real exam but I will say that CCCure certainly did help committ a lot of the terminology and concepts to memory and point out areas I was struggling in. As I mentioned I did over 5,500 questions from CCCure so I was going through a lot of quizzes to say the least.
  • Options
    hylaabhylaab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats zxbane, I am taking the exam on 19 Dec 2013.
  • Options
    plitz2791plitz2791 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I meant Sunflower, I'm not sure the actual name but it is a 25 page PDF document I used to study the last week along with CCCure and 11th hour. Here is a link to it - http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/Images/CISSP_Summary_V1.1.pdf - it was very helpful for the last week of drilling things into memory.

I can't speak on similarities between questions on CCCure and the real exam but I will say that CCCure certainly did help committ a lot of the terminology and concepts to memory and point out areas I was struggling in. As I mentioned I did over 5,500 questions from CCCure so I was going through a lot of quizzes to say the least.

thanks for the pdf link, seems really helpful.