Options

Taking Notes while Studying

skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
Did any of you guys take notes on like a legal pad while your read a study book.? Is that a godd idea to jot down thing important things to remember?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think taking notes works very well to retain the information, to provide an overview of what you covered so far (and hence what you still need to cover more thoroughly), to have a cram guide to read over during the days prior to the exam.
  • Options
    Johnie 5Johnie 5 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    writing it down takes waaay to long. get a highlighter or your studying will take twice as long.
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    I don't take notes but again that's because it's not my style. Taking notes is always good though. Heck, I hated to take notes in college.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Taking notes is a very good idea. I usually read next to my laptop and write notes down in digital form. makes a great cram sheet for the test and allows a good source of information for years down the road.
  • Options
    pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is an interesting thread beacuse I answered this question for myself just a little bit ago. I used to take lots of notes in the "notepad" Windows app but eventually found that the process of writing didn't really improve my memory of the topic. I've spoken with several friends on this matter and it does seem that for some people, it really does help. Just depends on your style.

For me, I remember best by stopping every page or so. I look away from the text and try to recall everything in it. The process of straining my mind in this way has always yeilded the best results. Now I rarely take notes.
  • Options
    qazxswedcqazxswedc Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    look, it's all a matter of personal opinion, i personaly don't take notes, i rather highlight key points or information, and then at the end of every two chapters, i go back and recap what i highlighted. Botom line, taking notes is good for those that find it helpful, highlighting is for those that find it helpful as well, period.
    sacrifice=results=success=happiness
  • Options
    bigga12bigga12 Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I take notes as I study..While reading if I find a topic or bit of information that is worth notating (gonna be on the test material) I jot it down on a legal pad, so that I have a cram sheet I can skim over in between reading..It works well for me.
  • Options
    dublin_101dublin_101 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    take as many notes as you can.......yes it will take longer, but you should learn so much more.....its a must in my opinion!...

i usually read the curriculum and write the notes in my notepad....for each module i would write 5-10 pages of notes...also write in your lab notes, and where possible, print out the images you need and glue them into your notepad!!!...

also, one more thing, make it a habit to have your notes taken down before you sit an exam.......even on modules you think you don't need to take notes, still do it, and then sit exam!...