Fresh VCP5-DCV

googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
Passed the exam this morning after 4 hours sleep, then worked a full day. treated myself to some coldstones after work icon_cool.gif

Might grab the Citrix CCA exam real quick if I am going to stick around in my job, as many have said I can probably do it with all that I have done with Citrix over the years..just not sure if it is worth it.

All in all, happy and glad to be done with VCP, but I do acknowledge that there is more that I need to learn and things that I need to know better, but foot is in the door. Baby steps.

Materials used:
Scott Lowe's Mastering vSphere 5.0 book
Trainsignal vSphere 5 videos
VMware ICM class @ Stanly
OMG mwpreseton.net VCP 5 study guide

Cheers

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nicely done, congratulations!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Good to hear. Congrats.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats!
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    Thanks guys. Looking forward to the next challenge.
  • asuraniaasurania Member Posts: 145
    the citrix cca exam is very easy
    all you really need is to watch CBT Nuggets video or a Trainsignal video, and if you work with citrix that is a major plus - then there is not much to study.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! It's a great feeling passing this exam after putting in a ton of work on it!
    Don't forget to update your certs on the left!
  • MeatCatalogueMeatCatalogue Member Posts: 145
    Nice job googol. Just finished the stanly course myself... waiting on voucher before attempting the exam!
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    googol wrote: »

Materials used:
    Scott Lowe's Mastering vSphere 5.0 book
    Trainsignal vSphere 5 videos
    VMware ICM class @ Stanly
    OMG mwpreseton.net VCP 5 study guide

Cheers

I googled that information on OMG mwpreseton.net VCP 5 study guide. +rep for this information.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • shezy77shezy77 Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on the pass icon_cheers.gif
    2013: ICND1 [Passed] ... ICND2 [Passed] ... VCA-DCV [Passed] ... 70-410 [Passed] ... 70-411 [Passed] ... VCA-Cloud [Passed] ... VCA-WM [Passed] ... 70-412 [Passed]

2014: 74-409 [Passed] ... VCP5 [Passed]
    Current working on: VCAP5-DCA
  • kenopkenop Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice work! I've been wanting to update mine to V5 for a while now. Were any of those study materials particularly effective or line up with the exam questions?
    BVC1 CTV1 CUV1 CWV1 DEV1 DHV1 DIV1 WFV1 TBP1 EAV1 EBV1 EUP1 EUC1 CRV1 BOV1 DJV1 EUC1 CVV1 CJV1 TPV1 TXC1 TXP1 TYC1 TYP1 CAPSTONE BNC1 AGC1 CDC1 CDP1 UBC1 UBT1 CLC1 GAC1 IWC1 IWT1 RIT1 CIC1 CJC1 TCP1 TJC1 TJP1
    Doyen wrote: »
    I googled that information on OMG mwpreseton.net VCP 5 study guide. +rep for this information.

There are a couple out there that I found via google, this one though has to be the most comprehensive, but could probably use some updating. It will be still valid until 5.5 takes over the exam, but majority still applies to 5.5 too.
    kenop wrote: »
    Nice work! I've been wanting to update mine to V5 for a while now. Were any of those study materials particularly effective or line up with the exam questions?

Line up with exam questions? that would be getting borderline **** :o If anything, probably blueprint layouts found via google, like OMG mwpreseton.net VCP 5 study guide.
  • Radiohead316Radiohead316 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed this morning. :)I used the voucher from the Stanly VMware store because I didn't want to wait until the end of the course. Now I just have to wait for the course to be sent over to VMware to make it all official.Thanks to Stanly for the excellent course option, and to all on this forum for all the great reference material!