Options

Photos of New A+ certification and card

jamesisonlinejamesisonline Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
My welcome kit has finally arrived after waiting for about 2 weeks. Thought I'd give you guys a glimpse of the current appearance of the certs.

There was some complaints that the new cert isn't as professional as the old cert. The old cert looked more conservative, but I actually don't mind the look of the new cert. It's not ugly as I thought it might be from past comments on the welcome kit.

acert.jpg

card.jpg

aletter.jpg
"Adaptation means not clinging to fixed methods, but changing appropriately according to events, acting as is suitable."
-Zhang Yu

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I agree, it looks OK. Not great or anything, but OK in my opinion.
  • Options
    zebra-3zebra-3 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yeah looks OK, better than new MCP certs, is there anything to do on comptia's website to order the kit like for MCP ? or they just send it directly after you have Pass the second exam ?
  • Options
    zebra-3 wrote:
    yeah looks OK, better than new MCP certs, is there anything to do on comptia's website to order the kit like for MCP ? or they just send it directly after you have Pass the second exam ?

i think you need to register at the CompTIA website. it will ask you a few questions such as your test center ID and canidate number if one wasn't already provided for you via email.

they send the kit automatically after your testing center sends CompTIA your results.

you can check the status of your welcome kit at the CompTIA site usually after 2 to 3 days from completing your test requirements.

congrats on your pass.
    "Adaptation means not clinging to fixed methods, but changing appropriately according to events, acting as is suitable."
    -Zhang Yu
  • Options
    KeferKefer Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is it just a flimsy card or do they give you a nice laminated drivers license type ID?

edit: nevermind icon_redface.gifhttp://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12928
  • Options
    Kefer wrote:
    Is it just a flimsy card or do they give you a nice laminated drivers license type ID?

edit: nevermind icon_redface.gifhttp://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12928

most of the default cert cards are unlaminated as is the A+ card. i already have a laminator, so it was no big deal for me.
    -Zhang Yu
  • Options
    drogers81drogers81 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I just got mine in the mail the other day. I thought it was a fairly nice packet put together. I'm just going to get them laminated, which is no biggy.
  • Options
    drogers81 wrote:
    Yeah I just got mine in the mail the other day. I thought it was a fairly nice packet put together. I'm just going to get them laminated, which is no biggy.
    right on, congrats on your A+ *thumbs up*
    -Zhang Yu