70-685 & N+ by the end of the year?

All,

I told my boss that I would have the 70-685 done before the end of the year. I have started the work but am not very far into it yet. I feel that I need a better handle on Networking before I get too far into other topics but I don't know if I should get the 70-685 done then come back or do the N+ first.

I would like to have the N+ done before I move into the 70-685 and the Server stuff Q1 of 2014. If I put my nose to it, should the N+ be something I can pick up or do you folks think I should play it safe with the 685 first?

Thanks

Comments

• unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I always see people on here saying not to bother with the N+ or A+ but I disagree. Just my experience but I learned a lot from the Net+ exam and it has helped me tremendously in all the other tests.
  • CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go for it, I found out 4 days prior to the test that I would be taking N+. I studied for 8 hours or so total, passed with a 762, not the greatest score but I have very little network experience. Skipping around the important Professor Messor videos and the quizlet.com flash cards were all I needed. You can dedicate the rest of your time to 70-685.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think learning some key networking components would be a good move but doing N+ just to ramp up for the 685 seems a bit extreme. I would recommend sticking to what your boss wants first and foremost. So often people including myself set huge goals only to achieve part of them
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I am almost willing to agree that I should set the professional goal before the personal on this one. I don't have to take the N+, just want to get the material down so I know what I am doing. I might just go ahead and do both at the same time. Focus on the 70-685 and review the Net+ topics as they are needed during my studies.