Failed route...

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Wasn't prepared, bombed it with a 713. Retake hopefully by end of year. Bring on the hate, I deserve it.

Comments

• AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    That score is far from a bomb, that's only four to five questions from passing.

Retake by the end of the year?!?!? Unless you have prior engagements, you should be able to take in a week or two. With some good lab and study time you'll be able to pass it without an issue.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Hate? Why would you think that, you said it best. You weren't ready but hey now that you tried it..what are your thoughts? "Why" did you fail? I'm thinking you now have the answer to that and the second try will be the one.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • botcitybotcity Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me 3 tries to pass it. ROUTE is way more difficult than the other two.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hate? Why would you think that, you said it best. You weren't ready but hey now that you tried it..what are your thoughts? "Why" did you fail? I'm thinking you now have the answer to that and the second try will be the one.

I was kinda rushed into it by work and other people. I'm good with the material except bgp and ipv6. Just didnt prepare enough with theory and lab. Need to buy FLG and finish INE videos and the labs at gns3vault.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nothing wrong with a fail EVER! I'm right there with ya man. I failed route last month. I wasn't ready either. The tough thing about all this is you never are 100% certain you will pass going into the exam, that is why you have to test your knowledge and try. The great thing is now you know where you need to focus. Sounds like you have the right idea though to get some additional resources and try again. Good luck on your next attempt!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No hate, just positive feedback. While I havent taken ROUTE yet, I had a similar experience with CCNA my first go round. You at least now have a taste of what the exam is like. We're pulling for you!

good luck on attempt 2!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security