Suggestions for studying and taking the exam?

bill5bill5 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Be interested to hear how people prepped (suggested books? online stuff?) also who you took the test with, approx cost etc. I'm a pretty good test-taker, so I think with enough prep I should be fine........

Comments

• --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just ordered this book:

ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide: Liz Gallacher, Helen Morris: 9781119942757: Amazon.com: Books

I plan to give it 2-3 weeks/however long it takes me to work through it then I will use EXIN to "sit" for the exam. Passing score is 65%, 40 questions and 60 minutes to complete. I'm not taking it lightly, but I must say there appears to be much more challenging exams out there.

Unless there is a discount code/voucher I dont know of the exam costs about $180 USD.
  • bill5bill5 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK I guess you're the only one who did any prep.
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    I just passed this exam. I used the book that was linked. AFter I read the book, I went back and did the end of chapter quizzes to brush up on weak areas. Then I took the official practice exam. Passed the exam with an 87%.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Pretty sure I used this book last year:
    Foundations of IT Service Management: The ITIL Foundations Course in a Book: Brady Orand, Julie Villarreal: 9781463635343: Amazon.com: Books
    and had no issues passing the exam. Might be out of date, looks like Amazon isn't offering it anymore.
    Thanks - may I ask about how long/how many hrs (roughly) you studied? Just trying to get a general feel for this.
  • BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Well everyone is different but I'd say after reading through the book, about 5 hours just reviewing terms and end of chapter stuff. This exam is not difficult if you read the book and review.
    Best of luck!
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    If you started studying the day you made this thread and put in an hour or two per day, you'd probably be ready to sit for the exam by now. Just start reading a book, it's not difficult material.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
    Thx again. Last question: how did you find/decide on places to test?
  • pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    My workplace put us thru a 3 day cram session with a paper exam at the end. Very dry. Passed with 37/40. Lots of terminology to remember. Know the differences between processes and functions. Good Luck.
  • Liz GallacherLiz Gallacher Member Posts: 107
    bill5 wrote: »
    Thx again. Last question: how did you find/decide on places to test?
    Try doing it from home with a webcam - google "exin anywhere"