Passed Project+

dacetodaceto Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just passed the Project+ Exam this morning. Got a 820/900. It definitely was a tough test but I had been studying for a month or so and most of it came easy. I used the Heldman book and the mnemonic that Cold Titanium used. It helped a ton. I also broke down the stuff I didnt know and hit it hard. I made up a couple of other things to help me remember equations, though I didnt really need to use them. KNOW THE EVM EQUATIONS! If you know those you are in good shape. It seems like they try and trick you too by describing something by the full name instead of the abbreviation i.e. Arrow Diagram Method instead of ADM.

I have a ton of notes and study material I made from chopping the pertinent stuff from the Heldman book. I, unfortunately, cant post it because its copyright material.

Anyway I just had to share. And now I can breath easy and turn my sights to ITIL.

Comments

• LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITIL seems like a much easier test then Project+.

Why did you pursue the Project+?
    Kindly doing the needful
  • dacetodaceto Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A lot of my work is going to be more project related and I want to get into management at some point in the future. I wanted to learn how projects work and what components their were. It was a big learning experience for me. My boss was real happy as well because he wants my coworker and I to be comfortable leading projects.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    Thanks. It was worth the effort. Im pretty glad this one doesnt expire. LOL.
  • bobloblawbobloblaw Member Posts: 228
    How much time did you dedicate to it? Was the practice exam sufficient?
    I read through the entire Heldman book loosely and did all the questions in the book. I then created **** sheets from the book of just the stuff you should know for the exam write ups at each chapters end. Overall I would say I studied for a month or so loosely and then the last week or so I studied another 10-20 hours. I was probably more over prepared, but that's because I don't take tests really well and need to have a lot of assurance I can retain the info.

Hope that helps.

P.S. I also went slower because I wanted to actually learn about it. I dont want to take a test just to take it. I want to be able to apply.