Router Connectivity Problem

bhattnbikesbhattnbikes Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I was working with some lab with Bosom soRftware. I have a situation in which three routers of 2600 and 2500 series. Router A is connected to B and B is to C. I can ping Router B from C but i cannot ping A from C. Also i am able to ping A from B. I checked all the interfaces and the are up. Besides they are all configured with same routing protocol. I have not applied any access lists on any router. What can the problem be ????

I think this may be a bug in the software. Correct me if i am wrong. Also i was wondering if such issue comes up in actual CCNA exam ??

Thanks,
Bhushan
For Latest TEch NEws Check out : http://directfromdigg.blogspot.com/

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you ping C from A? It sounds like C doesn't know where the network attached to A is located. B knows where A is because they are directly connected. Double check your setup and RIP configuration.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do a sh ip route from Router C to confirm that there is an entry in there for the Router A Network. I know sims can get real buggy sometimes as well and even if you have everything configured right sometimes it takes 10 tries to get something to work correctly
  • bhattnbikesbhattnbikes Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply. I did all the sh commands and everything ok. So i think its just a bug in their software.
    For Latest TEch NEws Check out : http://directfromdigg.blogspot.com/
  • dublin_101dublin_101 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reply. I did all the sh commands and everything ok. So i think its just a bug in their software.

even though i have routers at home, i tried boson and stumbled across the same problem...i figured it was a problem in the software as RIP wasn't propagating at all!!..that's when i stopped using Boson....still a good simulator though!