Options

CISSP question-Sponsorship

mimic51mimic51 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I really want to get my CISSP. I currently dont have any 5 years in experience, and I am getting my Bachelors in Cyber Security. Am I eligible for ISC CISSP associate?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    You get a one year waiver from having Security+, but still needs 4 years experience in at least two of the domains. You don't have any experience at all? If that is the case then Associate is the only way to go.
  • Options
    LionelTeoLionelTeo Member Posts: 526 ■■■■■■■□□□
    bachelor or security plus gives a year waiver, the maximum waiver you can have is 1 year, once you pass the exam you are consider an associate until you have been endorsed. You have 9 months to endorsed, if you did not endorsed within 9 moths then you have to obtain the require cpe with keep the associate status. Your associate status can only be kept a minimum of 5 years
  • Options
    mimic51mimic51 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    You get a one year waiver from having Security+, but still needs 4 years experience in at least two of the domains. You don't have any experience at all? If that is the case then Associate is the only way to go.

I actaully work with the Airforce. I'm contracting with them. just started in July though. Will that help me gain my experience?