Options

Security+ Passed

dparisutdparisut Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the Security+ yesterday!!! Now I can get back to work on my MS 70-680.

I used Darril's book along with LabSim to prepare for it. I had a couple of funky questions on the test, most were clear but two of them just didn't read well. One of the performance based items was a bit challenging too.

Cheers to everyone whose posts and recommendations helped point me in the right direction.

David

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Spiko0oSpiko0o Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    COngratulations man , but i want to know how many performance based question on the exam and how can i find samples for them?
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    dacetodaceto Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Welcome to the club.
  • Options
    dparisutdparisut Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Spiko0o - I had five performance based questions on my exam. The few examples I saw before the exam were nothing like what I had on the exam.

I would say it could definitely pay to look at log files for IPS/IDS as well as firewalls and understand to read them so that you will know how they can indicate where they failed or worked in stopping intrusions.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Spiko0o wrote: »
    COngratulations man , but i want to know how many performance based question on the exam and how can i find samples for them?
    There are some good resources on the performance based questions. One way to find them is to Google "security+ performance based questions"

I've heard people had as few as two and as many ten questions. I think that when they did have as many as ten, some were beta questions and I'm not hearing people have that many lately.

Good luck.