EIGRP hub and spoke over Frame

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was tinkering around with a basic eigrp lab in GNS3 and had R1 as the hub router connected to R2 and R3.
R1>R2 use DLCI 102
R1>R3 use DLCI 103
R2>R1 use DCLI 201
R3>R1 use DLCI 301

Each router has their own LAN subnets which are (R1)150.1.1.0/24, (R2)160.1.1.0/24, (R3)170.1.1.0/24

Because of the split horizon in EIGRP R2 and R3 were not receiving each other's subnets due to the fact R1 won't advertise them out same interface it was learned on. This is fine so I disabled split horizon and it solved it.

However I then re-enabled split horizon and R2 and r3 could not reach each other's ethernet subnets(normal behaviour). So to fix this I removed frame relay broadcasts (i.e. on the frame map ip statements) and configued static neighbors (neighbor x.x.x.x local interface number) in a full mesh. R2 and R3 were now peering with each other and as result could now reach each others 160 and 170 subnets.

My question is this an ideal solution? are their any issues with configuring static neighbors like this even though it is a partial mesh?

I'm getting back into Cisco after a while so am quite rusty on certain things. Thank you
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    If you are using a full mesh and not disabling split horizon, you need to use Point-to-Point subinterfaces (EIGRP treats 2 subinterfaces as different interfaces when it comes to split-horizon), otherwise you essentially have no redundancy since you lose the route if you lose the direct pvc. Using static neighbors is separate issue.