Passed CCNP Switch!

FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took me about 4.5 months to pass it! Personally I really enjoyed it contrary to what most people say about the Switch exam. It was definitely tough but I think I prepared well for it. Here's everything I used.

- CBTnuggets
- The Bryant Advantage
- INE CCNP Course
- 101 CCNP Labs
- Cisco SLM Labs
- INE CCNP Lab Book - Its FREE!! :)
- CCNP Switch Simplified
- CCNP Switch OCG

1 more exam till I am CCNP! I know most people take Tshoot ASAP but that's just not me. I am going to go through the books/videos as I always do. Honestly I feel like I need a good refresher on everything that was on the Route exam eek.

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Congrats! Just go take TSHOOT, if you legitimately passed your ROUTE & SWITCH exams, TSHOOT will be fun as it's well, troubleshooting. Stuff you do everyday right?
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah my daily tasks all revolve around routing/switching. Idk I guess I just feel since I have all this study material I don't want it to go to waste. I'll probably take it in 2-3 weeks
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congrats! We both have the same test left! Good luck!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Congrats! We both have the same test left! Good luck!

Congrats! How are you approaching Tshoot? Are you just gonna go attempt it as soon as you can?
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    FloOz wrote: »
    Congrats! How are you approaching Tshoot? Are you just gonna go attempt it as soon as you can?

I think I could wing if it I took it soon but I'm REALLY behind in my MSISA studies so I might just focus on my last class for the remainder of the year and then hit up TSHOOT in the beginning of the year. Maybe I'm crazy but I'm scared of procrastinating myself into another $3k semester of tuition so that's going to take priority.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats Flooz! I am hoping to see an 'I Passed TSHOOT' post from you soon.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! Just one more to go.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • mitch179mitch179 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! I'm sitting SWITCH in a week and a half, I'm getting nervous, I'm at the point where you read over and over stuff and you *think* you know it well enough but the doubt creeps in.....

Do you have a link to the INE CCNP lab book? I have been using INE rack rentals and the SLM but I feel I could be doing some more challenging labs.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @FloOz -- congrats on passing SWITCH. Good luck on TSHOOT! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Switch is next for me as well! I studied for ROUTE from April to November. I have been studying SWITCH for about a month now. I am finding SWITCH to be a lot easier so far.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which was harder, SWITCH or ROUTE?
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro one more test to go! I see you used a bunch of resources to study which would you say is best and which would you say wasn't really needed?
    Thanks everyone! For me Route was definitely harder. I actually really enjoyed studying for Switch since I deal more with the switching realm at work.

Here is the link to the INE workbook - http://www.ine.com/downloads/ine.ccnp.lab.workbook.1.01.zip

As far as the best resources go I would have to say CCNP Switch Simplified, The Bryant Advantage, and all the lab books.
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats! When is TSHOOT?
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • mitch179mitch179 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FloOz wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! For me Route was definitely harder. I actually really enjoyed studying for Switch since I deal more with the switching realm at work.

Here is the link to the INE workbook - http://www.ine.com/downloads/ine.ccnp.lab.workbook.1.01.zip

Thanks for the link :D
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Heracles004Heracles004 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, think I may have passed mine on the same day. Still have route and tshoot though.. I keep hopping back and forth between ccnp and ccnp security.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    congrats dude. Switch is actually more interesting to me than router. pls check your pm. had a question for you there.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+