Options

Potential promotion to InfoSec position

suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
So this past Friday I was approached by our Director of IS and he told me he wanted me to see him in his office at some point. He assured me it was not for anything bad which I appreciated! Anyway, he was informing me that there is an Security Administrator position open at one of our sister companies. He expressed that he thought I would be a great fit for the role but did not want to force me out of my current role which is as a Hardware Technician if I was satisfied. I told him I was certainly interested in pursuing the role to which he said my next course of action was to talk to the Sr Network Admin and express my interest. I was able to speak to him and I feel it went well. He asked me about my experience and he seemed pleased with it. He ended the conversation by saying he would love for me to be apart of his team.

So now I am on pins and needles waiting for the process to hopefully materialize. I mainly wanted to mention this because this website has been SO damn helpful for me and I wanted to express appreciation to everyone involved. I am thrilled to even be considered for this role as it has been a dream of mine for several years.

Wish me luck and any advice is certainly welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Hope it works out and will be waiting to hear your results :)
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    That sounds like a great opportunity! Good luck!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    earonw49earonw49 Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Crossing my fingers! Update us!
    WGU B.S. IT - Progress: Feb 2015 - End Date Jan 2018
    WGU M.S Cyber Security & Assurance - Progress: March 2019 - End Date June 2019
  • Options
    nestechnestech Member Posts: 74 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So this past Friday I was approached by our Director of IS and he told me he wanted me to see him in his office at some point. He assured me it was not for anything bad which I appreciated! Anyway, he was informing me that there is an Security Administrator position open at one of our sister companies. He expressed that he thought I would be a great fit for the role but did not want to force me out of my current role which is as a Hardware Technician if I was satisfied. I told him I was certainly interested in pursuing the role to which he said my next course of action was to talk to the Sr Network Admin and express my interest. I was able to speak to him and I feel it went well. He asked me about my experience and he seemed pleased with it. He ended the conversation by saying he would love for me to be apart of his team.

So now I am on pins and needles waiting for the process to hopefully materialize. I mainly wanted to mention this because this website has been SO damn helpful for me and I wanted to express appreciation to everyone involved. I am thrilled to even be considered for this role as it has been a dream of mine for several years.

Wish me luck and any advice is certainly welcome. Thanks.

All I can say is your Christmas came early… That’s a big jump and a great opportunity for you… Welcome to InfoSec… The job is all yours… Congrats…

Remember this they came after you…