Failed yesterday 291 :-(

Esther2000Esther2000 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All!

I am another girl slightly fed up of having no life....failed 70-291 with 617.
You just have to know absolutely everything. I've been working in this field since 20 years....First Mainframes, DOS, CNE, Citrix etc etc..
40 q - 3 sims lots and lots of rras, dhcp scoped and reservations, of course our favorite: DNS.

My problem I think also is that I am not fast on these subnet/scope calculations and run out of time and then rush......Even if I did write out everything (SM, etc) before I started to write.

I do have 2nd shot and will redo.....not sure when I will reschedule this punishment..... : :P
Thanks for listening (reading)

Bon Weekend!

Comments

• geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Good luck on your next sit!!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You've been in the IT field for 20 years and have your MCP status. You are pretty marketable IMHO. So put on a happy face :D and go pass that test!!!! If you need help with subnetting stuff, spend $40 on Todd Lamle's CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 5th Edition book, he explains subnetting real well and gives you some good tips/tricks to do it faster:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0782143911/qid=1148731079/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-4084117-4438227?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Or you can listen to some dry, monotone audio at www.learntosubnet.com. Some people prefer listening over reading, so take your choice. A lot of people like the site.

Good luck!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    www.learntosubnet.com is great. Its how I got my head around subnetting. Mark the subnet questions and do them at the end. This way you wont rush the rest of the questions.

Good Luck next time :)
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • huddahudda Member Posts: 101
    You are very close to pass, 617, is not a bad score, keep up the good work you will make it, most people did not pass first attempted so you are not the only one. Focus on your weakest part and you will make it, I suggested take it in a couple of weeks, do not stay too long

Good luck
    Hudda
  • solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It just goes to show, that tests don't always measure real world skills.

You will pass it.

291 was my hardest "beast" so far. I realized that I had to wrap my head around the DNS issue also. I kept reading the MS Press Book until I understood it. That helped me pass the second go round.

Good Luck on your next one. icon_sunny.gif
    Finally ALL Done!!!!!!! MCSE:Messaging - Task Complete
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    yes, keep trying, tough test it is, but, once you get it you will know your earned it and you will know how difficult it was

keep trying
    get back to studying!!!