Passed - 918

solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
With 5 sims and 39 total questions.

One more left to go for initials. I have 298 to go. Then 2 more after for the messaging specialization. WHEW!
Finally ALL Done!!!!!!! MCSE:Messaging - Task Complete

Comments

• K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    :D Solo79 congratulations,i've just started preparing for this exam, so much for Security+ i'll probably do it later(though i finnished studying for it). Don't ask; pay rates this side are terrible, talk about being close to the edge.

Anyway what were the major topics focused on, what were the simulations about? and all those other details you can remmember to tell us about.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job, you are cruising right along
    get back to studying!!!
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ ...one step closer
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • solo79solo79 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    K_amisi wrote:
    :D Solo79 congratulations,i've just started preparing for this exam, so much for Security+ i'll probably do it later(though i finnished studying for it). Don't ask; pay rates this side are terrible, talk about being close to the edge.

Anyway what were the major topics focused on, what were the simulations about? and all those other details you can remmember to tell us about.

Thank you! Honestly the things I most remember about the test are:

Group Policy Configuration
    AD - Structuring OU's
    Site to Site (Links, Bridges, caching)

The sims were mostly related to all of those also but if you are confident with AD they are some of the easier sims compared to the other tests.

Good Luck studying.
    jkstech wrote:
    good job, you are cruising right along

jkstech,

I like your signature. That's about where I am right now, needing to reboot. I have 2 other vendor tests next week I am studying for over the weekend, but alas with it being a holiday here I am taking much needed R&R time for the reboot. I started my testing for MSCE at the beginning of May, so I am ready for it all to be finished. Talk about overload...... Thanks for the Kudos!
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Awesome job, dude.

How was the exam for you? I only started my MCSE track in April , heck! you only started in May. :D
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    Olajuwon wrote:
    Awesome job, dude.

How was the exam for you? I only started my MCSE track in April , heck! you only started in May. :D

Thanks! Yes, I started my first actual test May 4th. I have been in the field for 4 years, on a win2k server network and a win03 server network both with AD, I have a lab setup at home for tinkering with GPO's and AD.

This test for me was easier than most, the sims were very basic. I am reading the MS books in about 2-3 days (keep in mind my company is giving me all the time i need to study/read), then practicing what I learn from the book.

I have been reading your posts, we seem to be on similar tracks. Next week I take 298 as this week I have Cisco tests, How about you? icon_sunny.gif
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    solo79 wrote:
    Olajuwon wrote:
    Awesome job, dude.

Thanks! Yes, I started my first actual test May 4th. I have been in the field for 4 years, on a win2k server network and a win03 server network both with AD, I have a lab setup at home for tinkering with GPO's and AD.

This test for me was easier than most, the sims were very basic. I am reading the MS books in about 2-3 days (keep in mind my company is giving me all the time i need to study/read), then practicing what I learn from the book.

I have been reading your posts, we seem to be on similar tracks. Next week I take 298 as this week I have Cisco tests, How about you? icon_sunny.gif

I will be taking 298 instead of 297. I studied for both and found 298 much easier to pass. I have plenty of experience.
    I am doing 298-->284-->CCNA--->Sec+
    I will complete 285 and 350 somewhere down the road for my MCSE+messaging, MCSE+security. :D
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
    I will be taking 298 instead of 297. I studied for both and found 298 much easier to pass. I have plenty of experience.
    I am doing 298-->284-->CCNA--->Sec+
    I will complete 285 and 350 somewhere down the road for my MCSE+messaging, MCSE+security. :D

Glad to hear you think 298 is easier. I am taking it as my company already has the book.(why waste more money on the 297 book). I will also be trying for the 284 next week and 285 after that. Yes, I am totally pushing to the limits right now. Hope to be finished within the first half of June. (Plus, MS running the 2nd shot offer).

bom.gif I need to watch out or my head is going to blow.

Good Luck to you on your future tests.