Options

Passed Today....

ewing384ewing384 Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the exam today and made an 865/900. I was really nervous when I clicked the submit button. There were some questions that I did not know and there were some that were a guess. So I guess many of those were the beta questions or I guessed really well.

The performance questions were not that difficult to be honest. I did take some time the past couple of days to go through the security+ blog mentioned in some of the threads. I will say that it not only helped ease my mind on the type of questions but also there were some really good hints there as well. I think I had 6 performance bases questions that included some port questions, some authentication types and then some physical security questions and a firewall sim.

I used this forum, Darril's book, Mike Myers Passport book a little. I did many of the practice questions in both books and any I could find on many of the websites the are mentioned in these threads. I think that the Professor Messer series would be a good place to start as well but I only watched maybe a handful of those videos.

Special thanks to Darril because his book was a wonderful resource as well as the blog.

If you put in the time understanding the concepts then you will pass. If you try and memorize practice exams after practice exam then you will probably have a hard time with the test.

Good luck and Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass and great to hear the book and other resources helped. Excellent advice on the problem with memorizing practice exam questions. Good luck with your next adventure.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif