advice for a ccie

piercazzopiercazzo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
After years of hard study I have finally earned my CCIE R&S!
What do you suggest as the next objective?
I am a senior network engineer, I only have Cisco certifications (ccna, ccnp, ccip, ccda, ccdp, dcni); I would like either to earn a network certification of a different vendor, or to become certified in another sector.
I was looking at Red Hat certs and they seem to be very good, for sure in my job I have to be skilled with Unix also.
What is your advice? what are the hottest certifications for a senior network engineer? do you suggest to stick with network things?
Thanks for your advice

Comments

• Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I would say go for JNCIE or branch off into security/DC/SP of Cisco.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @piercazzo - no suggestions here, just congratulations on such an incredible achievement icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)

News like these make me even more motivated. for further studies why not go for a Juniper cert? That could make you a complete all round network engineer. I myself plan to go to Cisco, Juniper and Red hat certs.

anyway lots of possibilities, just look into something you might enjoy
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • piercazzopiercazzo Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For security, what do you think about penetration testing certs and ceh/cisa/cissp? are those really useful? do they give practical expertise?