Just Passed Security+

i_mikepi_mikep Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been lurking on these forums for a few weeks and I told myself I would post if I passed. Well I just finished the exam and passed with an 830. I must thank this forum and definitely Gibson's text as it was the only source I used. It was so well written and easy to follow that I was glued to the text for weeks. Now, I guess I will work backwards and get the A+ and Network+. Best of luck to anyone taking the exam!

Comments

• shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations on the pass. Glad the book helped.

Good luck with the A+ and Network+ certifications.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    What is the name of the book? Could you give me a little more detail, I am "highly" interested in the single source that you used
  • samurai86samurai86 Member Posts: 104 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Bachelor's of Applied Science in Technology Management - Information Security Assurance (St. Petersburg College)
    Masters of Science in Digital Forensics (University of Central Florida)
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • sunlu72544sunlu72544 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!! I'm taking mine this Saturday. Any advice? Wish me luck... :)
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @sunlu72544. If you haven't yet, make sure you read up on the new security+ performance based questions. Good luck.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • i_mikepi_mikep Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the late response but the name of the book is: "CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide" by Darril Gibson.