Intro test this Tuesday

bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
Hi guys - first off I would like to say thanks for the great answers to my questions (and everyone elses too)

I'm taking the Intro test this Tuesday and I feel almost 100% prepared. I'm still reviewing areas that I feel slightly shakey and have some last minute questions.

1.) For the INTRO will I have to deal with OSPF wildcards - not the 0.0.0.255 or 0.0.0.0 but the blocks (2,4,8,16,32) ie - 0.0.31.255?

Also - besides the www.subnettingquestions.com, this site's practice test, the CCNA prep center, and finally Celtic Rover - are there any good practice tests I should be taking?

I'm getting 90+ on most tests - but every once and awhile I get that odd curveball - that makes me go back and review a chapter (or read one from ICND)

And besides subnetting subnetting and subnetting are there any last minute tips?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bmauro wrote:
    any last minute tips?
    It looks like you have it covered icon_thumright.gif

Keep doing what you're doing.

The only thing to add would be to relax (if you can).

You can look at the exam demo online at the Cisco Prepcenter. If you do it now, you'll have a feel for the types of questions that will be on the Cisco exam -- and what they will look like -- and you won't have the pressure of the impending test to worry about. That also frees up the 15 minutes for the demo to jot notes down on your scratch sheet.

You do have certification exam experience.... but just remember this is your first Cisco exam -- so it may be different from what you are used to. So expect the un-expected. icon_lol.gif

All the Cisco exams up to the CCIE written don't let you mark and review the questions.... so it was disconcerting to get that option on the CCIE written. And not getting the exam demo also tossed me out of my comfort zone on the CCIE Security written -- I was merrily jotting notes on my scratch sheet while question 1 was on the screen and the clock was ticking....

Good Luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Well I saw that the other fellow networker passed their Intro test today - so I guess I'll post my results as well.

PASS

1000/1000

I really couldn't believe it once I saw the score - I didn't think I did horrible - but I didn't think I got every one.

Tips for people planning on taking this test. Know your Subnetting!!! I know its mentioned time and time again - but if you have subnetting down it's all easy points.

Know your OSI - TCP/IP models. These again are easy points. Know what protocols belong where and why.

Finally - work on troubleshooting. Understand why a host cannot ping a remote host. And also know the how frames change as they transverse a network and how this compairs to packet information.

Resources I used: Cisco Press (Both Intro and ICND) and Lammle's 4th edition - and www.subnettingquestions.com (<- this place rocks)

Thanks to everyone that help with my questions.....Now on to the ICND!!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bmauro wrote:
    PASS

1000/1000
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Hey.... I was right!
    mikej412 wrote:
    It looks like you have it covered icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Congrats :0
    Now working full time!
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Congrats man! I knew you would pass! The score you got is incredible - see you at work tomorrow.