Options

Crystal Reports 2011 certification

JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've just been tasked with not only learning Crystal Reports but being the guru at work and being able to teach it to others. This is quite a departure from my normal work which is Network Admin. I figure if I'm going to have to learn CR enough to be the expert at work, I might as well go for the certification.

Does anyone have any experience with CR certifications and what path to go down? I'm not an accounting type so i'm not interested in that direction. I looked on the SAP website and it looks like the certifications are all intermingled.

Suggestions are definitely welcome.

Thanks.

Jerry

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would just pick up a book and look for a training course and have your work pay for it. Certifications don't = expert, designing in Business Objects does though or can depending on your aptitude. JMHO
  • Options
    JerryLJerryL Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. I've picked up the "No Stress Tech Guide to SAP Crystal Reports 2011 for Beginners" by Indera Murphy. It has good reviews and takes you through the process step by step, which is the method that I like. Hopefully I'll learn how to do the reports. This is quite a departure from my normal work material. The concepts don't look that difficult to understand, it's the practise that takes time.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Jerry agreed it shouldn't be too bad. I think the best way to learn is just have your boss throw you a project and start to complete.