Options

Times running out...

*BB**BB* Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Have to complete ROUTE and TSHOOT by March 4 or everything expires. Time flies by fast, when you are not studying. Time to hit the books again and get these done. At least I'm starting to get a bit more involved on the routing side at work, which helps. Its mostly L2 related activities and a huge ciscoworks project that I deal with on a day-to-day basis.
Procrastinator extraordinaire

Comments

• Options
    Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Why does everything expire by March 4 if you don't pass both exams?
  • Options
    Passing SWITCH extended the expire dates for the CCNA's. I dont have my CCNP yet, so unless I get it, everything expires and I have to do them over.
  • Options
    Z3-MasterdZ3-Masterd Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't need the full CCNP to recertify CCNA, though. If you pass either exam, it will recert the CCNA for another 3 years.
  • Options
    mitch179mitch179 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you can do it pretty easily, give yourself 2 months of good solid study for ROUTE and from the reports I've heard you can take TSHOOT not long after, maybe a few weeks if that?

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Just got my emails from Cisco about the expiration dates. I've already been reading some of my old notes I took when I was studying pretty hard.
  • Options
    Man, I forgot how dry the ROUTE FLG is....
  • Options
    gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    *BB* wrote: »
    Man, I forgot how dry the ROUTE FLG is....

Personally I would have started with SWITCH. It is a much easier exam.
  • Options
    Already did SWITCH, mainly its because its what I do day-to-day.
  • Options
    An update to keep myself honest and to remind myself to keep at it. I'm scheduling ROUTE for the last week of January. I dont care whether I fail or not. I see it as a benchmark of where I'm at and if I need to focus on something more. Plus it gives me time to retake if needed, as well as take TSHOOT.

Anyway, I've been reviewing/configuring EIGRP in my lab for the last couple of days. I still remember a lot of the overall configuration. Played with summarization (interface, no auto summary), default route nuances, stubs, variance, debug output review as I felt I was weak there. I keep reviewing notes with overall EIGRP information so hopefully the little details will start sticking because I suck at reading a book. I'll stick with EIGRP until the weekend and then start on OSPF again.