passed ccna security!!!

blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sat for the exam yesterday and passed with a score of 938. Much easier compared to ccna but still a lot of information to cover. I used CBT nuggets and read the Official Cert Guide by Keith Barker and Scott Morris. For lab I used GNS3 for routing and switching I've been familiar with since I've implemented port security at my job.

Setting up zone based firewalls, ipsec, etc.. on ccp helped a lot.

I am moving onto ccnp route or ccna voice

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Thank you!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats on the pass!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations as well! I would recommend that, if you have the equipment, go ahead and study for CCNA: Voice. That way, when you finally take one of your CCNP exams, it will renew your previous CCNAs- Route/Switch, Security, and Voice.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    Congrats on the pass! Feels good :)
    Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks all. good luck to everyone
  • Cubuntu28Cubuntu28 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Glad to hear you felt it was easier in comparison to CCNA R&S.