Isdn noise on the line

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

when I make a phone call from the outside world over our isdn lines (isdn2e) the call comes in all echoey and ends up getting interference like when you hold a microphone too close to a speaker. Any ideas what this is? I've looked at the noise on the line and it doesn't do much changing the settings..
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    show controllers to see if you have any errors on it. If you don't check your with service provider to see if its a SIP trunk back to them in which case you can have some Quality of service problems. Also if your ISDN line is not local to you you may want to give your own network a QOS check. Hope this helps.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It could be qos, I'll have to test it soon and get back to you, thanks for the heads up. Thought it may be though, I have a 6509 which doesn't support auto qos so looks like I have some reading to do! (All other switches support auto qos)
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • TheNewITGuyTheNewITGuy Member Posts: 169 ■■■■□□□□□□
    echo can anyone?
    It's been a while, granted. I tested it out today. I managed to get the DDI inbound working (no luck mapping for outbound yet) and the echo is still there. I plugged a phone directly into the UC520 box and it still does the echo so im pretty sure it's not the qos.

Any other advice>? Cisco seems to say reduce the noise levels on the voice ports?
    So that you are all aware of the solution, here it is: You have to use the command
    compand-type a-law
    under the correct BRI voice-port.