Passed 70-411 today!!

MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
Thanks everyone for your support on this forum and another callout to Asif for his study guide (It is a great place to start). I passed the 70-411 today with an 842 so I was very pleased. I felt prepared but didn't know if I really was going in. I used CBT and TrainSignal (really either one or the other would have sufficed). I also used the Administering Windows Server 2012 Training Guide (Thomas) and the Microsoft Official Course for the exam. I was surprised to see that I was weakest in "configure and manage Active Directory" and nailed the "deploy, manage, and maintain servers". I guess that feeling weak in that area made me study that part harder. I also used MeasureUp practice exams.

I am moving on to 70-412. Maybe the end of this month or early January if the holidays get in the way. I would really like to finish up before the R2 information is added to the exams if possible.

Comments

• SamMerlotteSamMerlotte Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Did you work through every single exercise in the training guide book? Also, how long in total would you say you spent preparing?
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can't say that I worked every lab in the book. I did have a couple of boxes with server loaded on them and did the labs that seemed interesting or seemed like something I needed to see to understand. I guess I spent a total of 25 to 30 hours of time dedicated to study. I usually do 45 on with a 15 minute break 3 times in a study session. I read about that being effective at some point and it seems to work well for me. I did two sets on Saturday and Sunday before the exam and spent Monday slamming out MeasureUp practice tests and looking up the answers until I understood the reasoning behind the questions.
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    Grats!!!
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif