Options

AWS Certification

smcanuffsmcanuff Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone try the AWS Certification? [h=1][/h]
Don't worry about what's ahead. Just go as far as you can. From there, you can see farther:cheers:

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had a look at their certification track but ended up against going for any because of the low ROI relative to the VMware/Microsoft certs. If you have worked or are working for a provider/partner that uses AWS, go for it. Otherwise, your money/time/energy is much better spent on the VCP/MS Private Cloud certs.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    smcanuffsmcanuff Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks much for your feedback.
    Don't worry about what's ahead. Just go as far as you can. From there, you can see farther:cheers:
  • Options
    kenopkenop Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree focus on the bigger name certs if you're looking to boost work options. But thanks for making this thread, I didn't even know there WERE AWS certs, but now will look into picking some up.
    BVC1 CTV1 CUV1 CWV1 DEV1 DHV1 DIV1 WFV1 TBP1 EAV1 EBV1 EUP1 EUC1 CRV1 BOV1 DJV1 EUC1 CVV1 CJV1 TPV1 TXC1 TXP1 TYC1 TYP1 CAPSTONE BNC1 AGC1 CDC1 CDP1 UBC1 UBT1 CLC1 GAC1 IWC1 IWT1 RIT1 CIC1 CJC1 TCP1 TJC1 TJP1
  • Options
    darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd only consider it if the shop I wanted to work at reallllly loved and used AWS - or if it was a entry level support position at Amazon.
    :twisted:
  • Options
    googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    darkerz wrote: »
    I'd only consider it if the shop I wanted to work at reallllly loved and used AWS - or if it was a entry level support position at Amazon.

Ditto. Only reason I would do it. I have seen jobs that wanted experience with AWS, but so few and in between. Way I figure, its probably an easy thing to learn if necessary on the job, if you have the foundation for everything else.