i passed it (may 31)

diceonediceone Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
yeeeeeah today i did it! i took the CEH exam at prometric and passed with 96%. i am so happy. this exam was really really diffcult! i trained a lot to take it.

äh does anybody know how long they need to send the welcome kit?

do i need to register to get the welcome kit or do they send it directly? does the eccouncil have a subpage where to get the logo?

thx

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats! :)
    witty comment
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    How did you prepare for this exam ?
    Any experience in infosec ?
  • K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    hehehe congratulations...on passing.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats. They typically take longer than your Microsoft or CompTIA stuff. I remember it taking mine about 6 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they speeded it up a little by now, but just know that it CAN take 6 weeks.

Keatron.
  • diceonediceone Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thx to all

@opi: first i read the exam book. then i watched the dvds from career academy and read a lot books about security topics like IDS, Wireless Sec., Snort etc. i must say that i am also working as a security admin and so i have a lot of experience. then i trained all these programs. in the exam they were asking a lot about nmap, ports, SSH, Snort logfiles. the test is really tricki. i trained (self study, no official course) for the exam about 3 month.

@keatron: thx for the info. wait and see ^^
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    nice work, thanx for the info :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congrats on the pass! 96% is an amazing score! Those Career Academy CD's and Courseware for the CEH are expensive ($995US). You're lucky to have been able to buy them.

http://www.careeracademy.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=74
  • bzdziagwabzdziagwa Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CEH is my next target after CCSE so thanks for the info ;)

Regards
    B.
  • gat_game2000gat_game2000 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey u did it man
    congrats man
    if u cnt cable it, why not wireless it?
  • diceonediceone Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @jdmurray: thx, i was suprised too. when i saw the score i couldn´t believe it. first i thought, that i wouldn´t do it. i was lucky that my employee bought me these training materials. i have had the cbt nugget ceh cd too, but with this cd you cannot pass the exam. it is not good.

you have to have a lot of experience. i remember a question where they wanted to know what port the kerberos protcol uses. you cannot find the answer in the official course book. you just know that from work or other exams.
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yeah congrats, seriously... I passed with a 77% after failing with a 65%... Jesus!! CEH was freakin' difficult!
  • aleeyaaleeya Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @diceone congrats!

I just recertified in CCNA and passed CWNA, server+ and CEH is my next one. I already have the OK on the self study.. but I am very nervous!
    Aleeya
    Curiosity skilled this cat.

http://www.girlgeekette.net