74-409 Has anybody taken this yet?

netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
I watched most of the virtual training that was offered I would like some other study resources or tips. I was hoping somebody on this forum has taken this test and has advice to offer on preparation resources. I am very strong in Server 2012 and Hype-V and very much lacking in System Center and clustering, so those will be the focus of my study.

Comments

• dspielmandspielman Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As far as I know there is no resources available specifically for 409. I know Microsoft is doing a virtualization camp on the 11th of December you might want to take a look at that. I would look at the study material for System Center certifications, for example 70-243.
  • googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    This is basically the main material available for it: Microsoft Virtual Academy
  • barberj66barberj66 Member Posts: 86 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you lab for this exam using vmware workstation or virtual box sufficiently?
    Goals for 2019: ICND2 first of all then see how it goes.
    CCENT Passed 28/11/18!
    https://jballaboutit.blogspot.co.uk/
  • KonfliktKonflikt Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What do you think guys: (from the exam voucher mail form MS)

Please make a note of this voucher and print out this page and keep it in a safe place. You will need this voucher to register for your free retake in the event that you fail your initial exam.

This means, that you have two free shots? = If you fail at the first attempt, the 2nd retake attempt with the same code is also free?
    for 2013: [x] 3x VCA, [x] VCAP5-DCA, [-] VCAP-DCD - failed. PASSED in 2014
    for 2014: [x] BACP, [x] SCP, [x] 70-409, [x] VCAP-DCD
    for 2015: [x] VCP6-DCV,
    for 2016: [x] upgrade VCAPs to VCIX6-DCV, [x] CCNA [-]
    2019: NEW job, back to again to the datacenter area:)
    My Virtual blog: vthing.wordpress.com
  • KonfliktKonflikt Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you need the Hardware virtualization for the hyperhisor in hypervisor scenario -> this is the nested virtualization.
    For more info how to set up this settings in vSphere: virtuallyGhetto: How to Enable Nested ESXi & Other Hypervisors in vSphere 5.1
    Maybe it is also possible in workstation, probably you have to edit the .vmx file of your Hyper-V virtual machine
    for 2013: [x] 3x VCA, [x] VCAP5-DCA, [-] VCAP-DCD - failed. PASSED in 2014
    for 2014: [x] BACP, [x] SCP, [x] 70-409, [x] VCAP-DCD
    for 2015: [x] VCP6-DCV,
    for 2016: [x] upgrade VCAPs to VCIX6-DCV, [x] CCNA [-]
    2019: NEW job, back to again to the datacenter area:)
    My Virtual blog: vthing.wordpress.com