CISM : Comparison of exam to 900-set db of study questions

morgsmorgs Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
10 day countdown. Not sure about most others but I find this material extremly dry to read. I've been concentrating mostly on taking the practice questions in the 900-set database of stufy questions (bought through ISACA). Although I keep telling myself to read and understand the answers, not just click off the one that I know is correct human nature leads me to get the right answer because I've seen the question multiple times before. Question for you CISM's out there. How close are the exam questions to the sutdy questions?

Comments

• SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My expectation is that the actual exam question might be similar type but none of the practice questions will be there.

Thanks
  • ntuser2000ntuser2000 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There will be a couple of similarly worded questions at most. In some cases it almost seems that effort was made to get the wording as different as possible. What is important is understanding what is being tested by the question and WHY the right answer is right. Concepts, point of view, frame of mind. Use the practice questions to understand the "language" and make sure you know why and you will be fine.
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks ntuser2000 for your input. I am sitting for the CISM exam on this December as well. Any suggestion regarding completing the answer sheet?

Regards
  • shiva_bmwshiva_bmw Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too found the CISM review manual a dry read.. Apart from the Task statements the content has no sequential story line, the same things repeat again and again. And most of the times there is no connection to the text with heading. Disappointing!!